Recommended Reviews Vol. 26 No. 03 Wine

Secreto De Viu Manent Malbec 2019


Viu Manent is a family-owned Chilean winery founded in 1935. It is located in Colchagua Valley, in Chile’s central zone.  The blend for this wine is 85% Malbec, and the other 15% is a guarded secret that only the winemaker Patricio Celedon knows!  36% of the wine was aged for ten months in French oak barrels, and the remaining 64% was held in stainless and concrete tanks for greater fruitiness and freshness in the final blend.

Nose: Floral, dark plum, dark berries, herbs, and spice.
Palate: Aromas segue onto the palate with juicy dark cherry and earthy notes. Plum and pepper linger on a long finish with smooth tannins, a touch of minerality, and lovely balance.
Alcohol: 13.5%
SRP: $15
Pairings: Pasta, white meat, stews, or charcuterie board.

Don’t miss Features, Reviews, News, and Recipes from top Restaurants and Wine & Spirits Producers!

We don’t spam! Check out our Privacy Policy. You may manage your subscription here.

Penny is a wine, spirits, food, and travel writer. Her sensory examination and evaluation of wine and food are noteworthy. Penny has a popular website called The WineKnitter that takes you with her to discover wine/spirits, travel, food, and culture worldwide. She began her serious foray into the world of wine in the early 1980s, where she was part of three very successful family-owned restaurants in NYC and "cut her teeth,” so to speak, with wines such as Petrus, Chateau Margaux, Chateau Haut Brion, Cristal, etc. Penny has an extensive presence on many social media sites, and her education is ongoing with wine seminars, wine tastings, and culinary delights from around the world. She studied at the Wine & Spirits Education Trust, completed WSET Level 2 Certification with Distinction, and is continuing with Level 3, advanced certification in wine. Penny is a member of The Wine Media Guild.

0 comments on “Secreto De Viu Manent Malbec 2019

What did you think of this article? We'd love to hear from you!

%d bloggers like this: