Over 50,000 wine and spirits professionals from all over the globe are expected at ProWein, International Trade Fair for Wines and Spirits, from March 10 – 12, 2024 at the fairgrounds in Düsseldorf, Germany. About 5,700 exhibitors from over 60 countries have already registered to participate and will present the largest and most comprehensive line-up of wines and spirits in the world.
“No other trade fair, neither in Europe nor overseas, offers such a complete product portfolio. Global market leaders as well as small companies and up-and-coming newcomers will again present themselves in Düsseldorf – the capital for wines and spirits,” stated Peter Schmitz, Director of ProWein.
“What’s more, anyone interested in tomorrow’s trends should visit ProWein today. Here, the current industry trends will be addressed in Trendshows, Special Shows or Forums. This is of paramount importance for the trade buyers from the retail, hotel and gastronomy sectors.”
ProWein is thus continuing its unique 30-year success story: launched in 1994 with 321 exhibitors on just 2,300 square meters of exhibit space in almost two exhibition halls and 1,517 visitors, next year it will once again impressively underline its market relevance with around 71,000 square meters in 13 exhibition halls.
“We are proud and happy that ProWein has developed into the most relevant international specialist wine trade fair thereby making the wine-growing country Germany the center of the international wine-experts’ universe for three days every year. Even after 30 years, ProWein still manages to inspire wine experts with new and exciting topics,” added Monika Reule, Managing Director of the German Wine Institute (DWI).
ProWein: Barometer for current sector trends
One of the secrets of ProWein’s success – in addition to its consistent focus on trade visitors – is its forward-thinking and proactive development of market-driven formats. “We have always seen ourselves as a partner of the wine and spirits sector and picked up on the needs of the market – as we did with our ‘no-and-low’ themed special show which debuted at the last ProWein,” explained Peter Schmitz. ProWein 2023 was Europe’s first trade fair to give this current trend a dedicated stage. In 2024, ProWein will follow up on this premiere: with the motto “ProWein Zero”, a special area in Hall 1 will be all about “no-and-low” – complemented by a corresponding tasting zone organized by Meininger publishers.
Other industry and trending themes presented at ProWein 2024 will include:
- A highlight of ProWein since six years is the Trendshow “same but different”, specifically geared towards the hip food service and bar scene. In 2024, some 120 international exhibitors will again present a current and multi-faceted selection of Craft Spirits, Craft Beer and Cider in Hall 7.
- ProWein 2024 will increasingly become the hotspot for international spirits: Hall 5, right next to the Trendshow “same but different”, will become the new home for more than 300 international spirits suppliers with the motto ”ProSpirits”. “With this we are reflecting an important market trend,” said Peter Schmitz.
- Gastronomes – and here especially the young urban scene both from Germany and abroad – can look forward to the Lounge “urban gastronomy by #asktoni & ProWein” (Hall 4) with a program of current topics tailored to them and presented by Toni Askitis, a gastronome and wine sommelier himself.
- A focal theme of the past ProWein – not least due to the energy crisis and increased environmental awareness –was packaging alternatives for glass bottles ranging from bag-in-box and stainless-steel kegs to recyclable aluminum cans and PET bottles. This will be no different at the upcoming ProWein: whether in the corresponding special show “Packaging & Design” (Hall 9) or at numerous booths, this aspect is playing an increasingly important role.
- Also on the program again will be the Champagne Lounge in Hall 9 – the focal point of the representative and comprehensive Champagne ranges at ProWein 2024.
- Organic wines have become firmly established at ProWein with around 300 international exhibitors – and the special show “Organic World” in Hall 4.
Visit ProWein 2024
Six months before the start of the event, the ProWein 2024 website is live and at http://www.prowein.com wine and spirits professionals can obtain an overview of exhibitors’ profiles, products and press news. The online ticket shop is also open.
For further information on visiting or exhibiting at ProWein 2024, contact Messe Düsseldorf North America; Telephone: (312) 781-5180; E-mail: email@example.com; Visit http://www.prowein.com and http://www.mdna.com