Entries are being accepted until July 1 – Act now!
Open to all wines, spirits, and ready-to-drink cocktails
and hard seltzers available in the USA.
More key dates:
• Judging: August 1-3
• Winners notified: August
• Winners featured: September and October issues
Meet Another 2021 Wine Competition Winner
Rodney Strong Wine Estates
In 1959, Rodney Strong founded his eponymous winery; it was the 13th winery bonded in the newly discovered Sonoma County wine industry. He started with Chardonnay plantings and then expanded and acquired more vineyards to plant Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. After four decades of commitment, Winemaker Emeritus Rick Sayre passed the baton to current Director of Winemaking Justin Seidenfeld in 2018.
The winery has been owned by the Klein family, fourth generation farmers, since 1989, who are committed to sustainable farming and winemaking. Through soil and water conservation, wildlife protection, and boasting one of the largest solar arrays in the world (that supplies 49% of overall electricity used), the estate was the first winery in Sonoma County to be deemed carbon neutral.
- Gold – 2018 Alexander Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon; Score: 93
- Gold – 2017 Knights Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon; Score: 93
- Gold – 2018 Chalk Hill Estate Vineyard; Score: 92
- Gold – 2017 Sonoma County Merlot; Score: 92
- Gold – 2019 California Chardonnay; Score: 91
- Gold – 2020 Russian River Valley Estate Rosé of Pinto Noir; Score: 91
- Gold – 2017 Russian River Valley Pinto Noir; Score: 90
- Gold – 2018 Russian River Valley Pinto Noir; Score: 90
Here is the lineup of our expansive June articles. Check this space often as we publish more articles during the month.